Search is based on keyword.
Do not search with natural language
Ex: "How do I create a new metadata type?"
Carry out Inspections
Audience: Inspection Administrators, Inspection Managers, Inspectors
To carry out an Inspection in EQMS, navigate to EQMS Inspection Manager | Inspection Manager. You should first be greeted with the My Inspections screen. If you have been assigned any Inspections to complete, they will be listed here. Alternatively, you can also access Inspections from the All Inspections or Calendar screens.
Once you have selected your chosen Inspection, you should see an Inspection details screen, similar to below:
- To begin answering questions, first select the Questions tab. This will reveal the Inspection check list, similar to below:
- Each question will have a specified response type. These could be:
- Text, integer or decimal field
- Multi-line text, integer or decimal field
- Dropdown box
- Radio button
- Date field
- Simply respond to each question by either selecting the appropriate response(s) or filling in suitable information in the text, integer or decimal fields.
- You may find that when responding to certain questions, the system will force you to raise an action to address the issue.
- If 'Auto-close' has been enabled for the Inspection, the record will automatically close once all mandatory questions have responses and any raised actions have been closed out
When responding to the questions, you may want to raise an action to address an issue you have found during the inspection. For some questions, you may automatically be prompted to raise an action.
To manually raise an action:
- Select the Create Action icon . This should reveal a screen similar to the one shown here:
- Select an Action Type from the dropdown list
- Provide a Title and a useful description of the action
- Select an owner
- Select the search icon next to the owner field. This will present a filterable user list similar to below:
- Use the search field and alphabet filters to locate the required action owner
- Select the 'Select' option in the relevant row
- Select a Target Date
- If you want to just raise the action, select Raise action.
- If you want to raise and automatically complete the action, enter some information in the Results field and select Complete Action
To view any actions that may have been raised against a question:
- Select the View Actions icon . You will be presented with the View Actions screen, similar to below.
- Alternatively, you can view all actions raised for the Inspection by selecting the Actions tab. For additional information on the actions tab, see here
To attach a file as evidence to a question:
- Select the Attach Evidence icon . This will reveal the upload window, similar to below:
- Select Choose File to reveal your File Explorer. From here you can locate a local file and select 'Open'
- Select the Upload icon in the Upload evidence window to complete attaching the evidence
If evidence has been attached to a Question, the view evidence icon will have a red dot .
To view evidence attached to a question:
- Select the View Evidence icon . This will reveal the View Evidence window listing all evidence attached to the specific question.
- To view the evidence, select the document icon in the relevant row.
- To remove evidence, select the delete icon
If you have Auto close enabled in the Inspection Details screen, the Inspection should automatically close out once all mandatory questions have been responded to and any raised actions have been completed.
However, you can also manually close an Inspection:
- Select the Inspection Details tab
- Select Completed from the status dropdown
- Select the Save icon in the header bar
- If successful, a message will briefly appear in a green text box to confirm that the record has been saved and updated successfully. If unsuccessful, you may have Mandatory questions that still require responses.
In addition to the core Inspection details, you will also be able to view the Associated Inspections and History tab which will display information from similar Inspections of the same type or carried out in the same location. You can use this information to help inform and guide your Inspection and raising actions. For additional information on these screens, see here