EQMS accepts all common file formats.
There are several ways to upload an individual document into EQMS.
Users with appropriate permissions can upload files into EQMS one at a time from:
- Document Manager module
- Document Navigator module
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft SharePoint
Batches of files can be uploaded into EQMS either automatically or via a manual process (see 'How Do I Upload a Batch of Documents into EQMS?')
Uploading Documents via Document Manager
1. Select 'Document Manager' from the 'Module Selector' dropdown.
2. From here, click 'Documents' on the Menu Bar.
3. Click 'Manager Documents' in the Side Bar and then 'New Document' in the Active Area.
4. Any fields which appear in grey cannot be altered. You will need to give the document an ID, select a Document Control Type from the dropdown list (sometimes this will add extra fields to the screen), give the document a title and add a brief description of the document in the Synopsis box.
Now you just need to give the document a version number in the Version box, set an issue date and click 'Save'.
5. You will be asked if you are ready to upload the document, click 'OK'.
6. Check that the 'Upload File' radio button is checked and click 'Browse' to explore your computer and select the document you want to upload.
7. Click 'Click to Uplaod', then 'OK'.
8. The document has now been uploaded as is ready to be linked to the Tree.
9.Find out more about Linking files to the Tree Structure.
Uploading Documents from EQMS Document Navigator module
1. You can also upload documents by exploring the Navigator Tree and right-clicking (or by clicking the 'Action' icon) on the structure component directly above where you want the uploaded document to be placed and selecting 'Add New Document'.
2. Follow the same procedure as above, the only difference will be that you will not have to link the document to the Tree Structure at the end as you have already specified where you want to be with the initial quick-access dropdown.
Uploading Documents to EQMS directly from Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
1. If you have the EQMS Add-In for Microsoft Office then you can upload Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents directly from the Office application,
2. Click here to find out more.