- Firstly, you need to find where in the Navigational structure you want to create a new Structure Component. To do this, select EQMS Document Manager from the Module Selector dropdown.
- From here click Structure on the Menu Bar.
- Click Manage Structure in the side bar.
- Click on the arrow head to the left of a Structure Component to expand it.
- To add a new component under an existing Structure Component, click on the New Component icon.
- You will then be presented with the New Component screen.
- To link a document to the component, click on the Link Document icon.
- Once you have found the document you want to link to the component, click on the Link Document icon.
- It is then mandatory to give the New Component a title, either by filling in the Title text box or checking the Use Document Title check box.
- To add permissions to the new Component Set, click on the Restrict Access checkbox. Two drop down menus will then appear, one entitled Add User and one Add Group.
- To choose who you want to apply these permissions to, either use the drop down menus or click on the List icon (to the right of the drop down menus) and choose from the list of Users/Groups. Their names will now appear below the menus.
N.B. If the P is checked, this means the User/Group can change any of the Component Sets details. If the C is checked, this means that the User/Group can create Structure Components beneath. If the D is checked, this means that the User/Group can delete the Component Set (including all its Sub Components).
- To complete this section, click on the Save icon.
- The following message will be displayed. Select OK to create this new Structure Component or Cancel to abandon the action.
- You have now created a new Structure Component.
Have more questions? Submit a request